Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Brunch


One of my first fully formed, coherent thoughts this morning (after..."day = sunday" and "coffee?") was, "we need brunch."  Then I saw the cheesy jalapeno biscuit and bloody mary post on our Facebook page and realized that while I do have CSB's home made bloody mary mix in the fridge, I am out of vodka.  Next I realized that while I do have a bottle of champagne, it wasn't chilled.  What is a girl to do!?!

So, as CSB was concocting an amazing "refrigerator omelet" I went snooping in the wine fridge to see if there was anything brunch flavored waiting for me.  I had completely forgotten about this fantastic bottle of Domaine Chandon Sparkling Red.  Admittedly, when I think champagne, I never think of red wine... even though I've enjoyed this particular sparkling red in the past, it just doesn't occur to me.  This one is 60/40 Pinot Noir & Zinfandel grapes, giving it a bold, hearty (if not slightly sweet) flavor, which stood up well to the bacony, sausagey, tomatoey, cheesy goodness of CSB's omelet.

If you are going to have red wine for breakfast (and hey, why not?), give this one a try.  You can only get this particular wine at the winery, but what a fantastic excuse to get out to Yountville/Napa and spend a day tasting amazing wines.  Now that my bottle is empty, I'll be heading out soon!  See you there! 
-Giddy

No comments:

Post a Comment