Saturday, August 10, 2013

Grifone Primitivo

20130810-002217.jpg

 As I was in the long check out line at Trader Joes, scooting my basket forward with my feet like some kind of soccer player with a red, rectangular ball, I saw the orange label on the Grifone Primitivo 2011. The sign said $3.99!

I’ve been trying to get out of my comfort zone by trying wines from outside the Napas. This fits so I got some. It says on the back label ” Zinfandel in America…Primitivo in Italy… Mali Plavãc in Croatia”. Lot of history there!

The wine is great! When you consider the price it’s even better! I’ll gladly drink this as a first choice any day. As a bottle to keep around as a second or third bottle, it blows most wines in its price range away. I found it to be soft with a long finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment