Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Try it Tuesday


I found this at Safeway... and yes, bought it because I enjoyed the label and name.  For $8-9 at Safeway, I always appreciate a label that amuses me - as long as the wine inside is tasty.  I'm not sure that I will purchase this one again.  Not that it was bad, just a little too plum-y and raisin-y for my taste.  For an affordable table red, this one wasn't bad.  But, when I can get a decent Cabernet for the same price... well, this wine reminds me why I don't usually purchase red blends unless I know exactly what I'm getting.

I have heard great things about Rosenblum (https://www.rosenblumcellars.com/), and I can't wait to head out to their Alameda tasting room and try some of their other wines.

Just for fun a challenge: Try something new this week and let me know what you find!  I'd love to hear reports of other "new" wines you've tried this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment