Thursday, July 25, 2013

Giddy Discusses Wine Wednesday

Even though it is still hot outside, tonight’s dinner called for a glass of simple red wine.

I present to you: Unruly Red.

Image 

This red blend is one of the few blends I really enjoy.  Enough tannin on the back end to make it taste more expensive than it is, but not so much that it dries out your tongue. Bright jammy flavors make this wine fruity without being too sweet (though still a little sweet to my palate – I’m not a “sweet” person.  Yes, I know how that sounds…).  Dinner tonight had a lot of strong Mediterranean flavors (including feta cheese, kalamata olives, and sun dried tomatoes), this simple Wednesday Wine stood up and did exactly what I expected it to do.

Also, I hear that my co-author spent the day in Napa today… I can’t wait to hear about the tastings he had… once he recovers…

No comments:

Post a Comment